Before Jakarta officially declared its ban on single-use plastic bags on July 1st, 2020, these 10 cities in Indonesia already banned it, as an official movement to reduce single-use plastic bag usage especially in supermarkets, grocery stores, or even in the traditional markets.
- Banjarmasin is the first city in Asia and The Pacific to ban single-use plastic bags since March 2016.
- Balikpapan, this city is located on East Kalimantan. The single-use plastic ban already started in July 2018 and claimed to be successfully reducing plastic waste.
- Jambi, Jambi started banning single-use plastic bags in every retail store in January 2019.
- Bogor, since December 1st, 2018 Bogor started banning single-use plastic bags on modern retail.
- Jayapura, modern retails in Jayapura officially banned single-use plastic bags on February 1st,2019, and ordering customers to bring their own shopping bags.
- Bali, based on governor regulation no 97, 2018 Bali started to reduce single-use plastic bags in December 2018. And the regulation was officially valid since July 2019.
- Bontang, starting from January 2019, Bontang officially announce to banning of single-use plastic bags on modern retails to reduce single-use plastic bag usage.
- Biak, officially banning single-use plastic bags on June 1st, 2019 in an attempt to reduce the usage of single-use plastic bags.
- Bukit Tinggi
The list above were cities that already banning single-use plastic bags in Indonesia, would YUURfriend start banning single-use plastic bags too from your life and started to use an eco-friendly shopping bag for a better future? If you do, you can start to use YUURbag, an eco-friendly brand that producing an eco-friendly shopping bag. Made from 6 recycled plastic bottles, you can customize your design based on your likes! It’s a fun way to an eco-friendly shopping experience!
source : cosmopolitan.co.id